Online community support
No one should have to face cancer alone. Connecting with others who understand your situation and how you feel can help you cope. Knowing what to expect throughout your cancer experience can make you feel more hopeful and less anxious.
CancerConnection.ca community members take part in discussions, write their own blogs, join groups and exchange messages offering emotional support and practical advice. Membership in this community is free.
Here are just a few of the topics community members are discussing:
- stress and waiting for test results
- coping with hair loss due to chemotherapy
- talking to children about a cancer diagnosis
- balancing a career while going through treatment
- dealing with the emotional stress of caregiving
Trained moderators support the community, ensuring that it remains safe and supportive.