This tasty snack is high in protein and calories and can be enjoyed at any time. It can be made ahead of time, stored and eaten later.
Recipe by: Michelle LeBlanc, chef/owner, Chinched Bistro, St John’s, NL
- 5 cups quick-cooking oats
- 5 cups traditional rolled oats
- 2 1/2 cups mixed nuts
- 2 1/2 cups seeds (sunflower, sesame, pumpkin, poppy)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup wheat germ (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups cranberry cocktail
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup oil
- 4 cups mixed dried fruit
Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C).
In a large bowl, mix to combine the oats, nuts, seeds and wheat germ.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the juice, cinnamon, salt, brown sugar, corn syrup and oil.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour the hot liquid over the dry ingredients and mix to combine.
Spread the mixture over 2 large baking sheets and bake for 30 minutes.
Check every 10 minutes and stir to ensure even cooking.
Per 1/2 cup
- Calories: 433
- Fat: 21 grams
- Carbohydrates: 53 grams
- Fibre: 8 grams
- Protein: 11 grams