Celebrate the end of winter by enjoying this easy dessert! These chocolate sweet potato bars are so decadent, they will add a “spring” to your step!
Chewy and rich like traditional brownies, these vegetable-enriched bars are perfect to pack in a lunch or enjoy with an afternoon tea or coffee. Leftover mashed sweet potato is also a perfect substitute in this recipe.
- 1 sweet potato chopped, (about 2 cups/500 mL)
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- pinch salt